Best Bbq Chicken Rub in 2023
Kosmos Q Dirty Bird BBQ Rub | Savory Blend | Great on Chicken, Pork, Steaks & Brisket | Best Barbecue Rub | Meat Seasoning & Spice Dry Rub | 11 oz Shaker Bottle
Traeger Grills SPC170 Chicken Seasoning and BBQ Rub
- Great Tasting Cooking Seasoning: Featuring citrus and black pepper flavors
- Compatible Meat/Proteins: the perfect bbq rub to complement your chicken creations
- Kosher and Gluten & GMO Free
- Easy Storage: rub comes in a stackable aluminum tin container
- Made in USA
Pitmaster Harry Soo's Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Rubs - ALL NEW (Chicken Championship Rub - Jailbird Chicken, 6 oz)
Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Rub - Championship BBQ Seasoning for Chicken, Turkey, Duck, and Seafood - No MSG, Gluten Free Barbecue Rub - Jailbird Chicken, 26 Oz
- AWARD WINNING SPICES: Made by Grand Champion Pitmaster Harry Soo, Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Rubs bring championship flavor to your barbecue, perfect for mouthwatering seasoned chicken, juicy turkey, and more!
- DELICIOUSLY BALANCED FLAVOR: Jailbird Chicken rub seasoning gives your poultry a sweet profile with a touch of heat to enhance the enhance the flavor, texture, and appearance of grilling and smoking.
- VERSATILE CHAMPIONSHIP SEASONING: The scrumptious flavor of Jailbird Chicken BBQ rub excels beyond smoked meat, elevating vegetables, tofu, potatoes, and even eggs or popcorn to a bold level!
- GLUTEN AND MSG FREE: Unlike other BBQ rubs and spices, Slap Yo Daddy is gluten free and contains no MSG, making your go-to chicken rub or Thanksgiving turkey seasoning delicious for everyone!
- ARTISANAL SMALL BATCH: Slap Yo Daddy rubs are Made in the USA and crafted by hand, following the original championship recipe developed by award winning Pitmaster Harry Soo.
Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub 16 Oz by Volume
- The BBQ Rub brings out the best in everything you cook.
- The BBQ Rub is balanced with a special blend of sugar, salt, heat and other spices.
- This rub allows you to turn out BBQ like a professional pitmaster.
- The Killer Hogs Championship BBQ Team spent years perfecting their BBQ dry rub and now you get a chance to experience the flavor.
- Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub brings out the natural flavors in meat and builds a beautiful, mahogany bark on pork, beef, and poultry.
Plowboys Yardbird Rub 14 oz
- Number of Servings per Package: 392
- Container Size: 14 oz.
- Flavor: BBQ
Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning Mix, Dry Rub Perfect for Chicken, Beef, Pork, Fish and More, Gluten Free, Preservative Free and MSG Free, 22 Ounce
- Give your food a gourmet smoky flavor by using the delectable Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning & Rub (22 oz.)
- With this delicious BBQ dry rub, you can easily impart slow-cooked flavors in your meats and more, without actually having to cook them for hours.
- Tastes great on chicken, pork, beef, fish fillets, scallops, shrimp, veggies, chili and more!
- The Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning is gluten, preservative and MSG-free.
- A delicious seasoning blend inspired by the great flavors of classic American barbecue and crafted by enthusiastic barbecue pit masters.
Jack Daniel's Original Quality Chicken Rub, 11.5 oz
- Your taste buds will sing with the delight from the spicy flavor of Jack Daniel’s Chicken Rub
- Spicy, sweet flavor that is great for chicken and other poultry
- Gluten Free
- No MSG
- Made in the USA
Oakridge BBQ Secret Weapon Pork & Chicken Rub - 16 Ounce
- Oakridge BBQ Competition Beef & Pork Rub would best be described as bold and flavorful, hallmarks of this All Natural signature rub.
- Big flavors that marry perfectly with big, bold cuts of meat like ribeyes, porterhouses, strip loins, beef brisket, burgers, chops, duck, pulled pork and pork spareribs.
- Oakridge BBQ Competition Beef & Pork Rub is perfectly balanced sweet/heat/savory/salty flavor profile with the bold aromas of chilies, cumin and celery in the front with the smoky sultry heat of chipotle peppers in the finish.
- his is a serious competition-grade rub from Oakrdige BBQ folks!
- Because of Oakridge BBQ's perfectionist nature, this commitment to quality always includes using the finest ingredients available.
Kosmos Q Honey Killer Bee BBQ Rub | Sweet & Savory Blend | Great on Brisket, Steak, Chicken, Ribs & Pork | Best Barbecue Rub | Meat Seasoning & Spice Dry Rub | 13 oz Shaker Bottle
- TRANSFORM ORDINARY MEAT: Sick of unremarkable, tasteless meat? Our award-winning, Honey Killer Bee BBQ rub will take your cooking to the next level, transforming poultry and beef into lip-smacking, head-turning, delicious meat that is sure to “wow” even the toughest of BBQ critics. You’ll soon find yourself being asked to host all the family barbecues and tailgates!
- A FLAVOR EXPLOSION: This delicious BBQ dry rub powder is the perfect seasoning to add cravable flavors to any meat! Our special blend of seasoning is the perfect balance of honey and savory spices, delivering a mouthwatering explosion of sweet BBQ goodness. This original rub blend is full of robust flavors that will enhance your barbecue creations for an experience your tastebuds will crave.
- EASY TO USE: Our BBQ rub will add knock-your-socks-off flavor to just about any meat! Whether you use it as a rib or steak rub, wing coating, or for kicking up burgers and fries, you can’t go wrong. Simply sprinkle on or rub into your meat of choice and enjoy sweet-smelling and deliciously succulent dishes with Kosmos’ infinitely customizable red meat spice blend!
- ALL THINGS BARBECUE: With a versatile flavor that is great for kickin’ up almost anything, this BBQ rub is not only a fantastic seasoning for a variety of meats, including chicken, pork, beef and seafood, but also the perfect rub for spicing up your other favorite foods. With just a sprinkle you can enhance the flavor of casseroles, potatoes, baked beans, and more!
- THE SECRET IS KOSMOS Q: Since its formation in 2009, Kosmos Q has won multiple championships, both grand and reserve, in the highly competitive world of BBQ. Kosmos Q attends 30 competitions each year, caters events on the infield of NASCAR’s “Texas Motor Speedway.” and held the position of the nation’s 2nd best food truck for a year and a half. Every product developed by Kosmos Q is rigorously tested. If it’s not good enough for us at Kosmos Q, then it’s not good enough for you.
BBQ Chicken Recipes with a Touch of Peanuts
Three recipes that incorporate peanuts and chicken for your next backyard barbecue.
P-Bama BBQ Chicken
This recipe is very simple. You mix your marinade, grill your chicken and top it with the best white sauce recipe you will ever find.
1 Cup Boiled Peanut Brine
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Tablespoon "Sylvia's Chicken Rub"
If you are not boiling peanuts on a regular basis, it might be difficult to come by Boiled Peanut Brine. There is an easy solution to this. Most grocery stores carry canned green boiled peanuts. I use the "Peanut Patch" brand if I use this method. Pop the top and pour the brine out. The brine from the can will be enough, if you don't hit a cup exactly. Sylvia's Chicken Rub comes from Sylvia's Restaurant in New York City. She is known as the "Queen of Soul Food". Most of my local grocery stores carry Sylvia's spices including the "Chicken Rub". You can learn more about it and where to order it at her site (www.sylviassoulfood.com) .
Mix the marinade ingredients and marinade the chicken (3-4 breasts and 3-5 legs) in the refrigerator for 3-5 hours. I use a zip-loc plastic bag. I also recommend letting the chicken sit out 30-45 minutes after removing it from the refrigerator. Now you are ready to grill! Based on the thickness of the chicken breasts, this should take up to fifteen minutes (about 5-8 minutes per side).
The topper for "P-Bama" BBQ Chicken is the best part. I recommend a white sauce that most people are not used to on barbecue. However, I think you will find it the best for this peanut brine based recipe.
White Sauce for "P-Bama" BBQ Chicken
1 ½ Cups Mayonnaise (I use Duke's)
¼ Cup Water (Leave it out, if you want it thicker - Try Boiled Peanut Brine Also)
¼ Cup White Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Ground Pepper
1 Tablespoon Creole Mustard
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 ½ Teaspoons Sugar (more or less)
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
2 Teaspoons Horseradish
The last time I made the "P-Bama" Barbecue Chicken, I served it with PBBB (Peanut Butter Baked Beans), grilled yellow grits, and BBQ Coleslaw topped with roasted peanuts. If you would like to see pictures, you can here.
The next two recipes are also based on combining peanuts (or peanut oil), chicken, and the BBQ grill.
Peanut "Pseudo-Satay" Chicken
My kids love satay, and this grilled chicken is one of their favorites. The key to this recipe is the marinade. The peanuts and tamarind not only give it an exotic twist, but also a "southern flair". This is grilling; this is barbecue, but maybe from another part of the world. Again, we are using skinless boneless breasts and/or skinless legs. I do both because of the kids' preferences.
1 Cup Unsalted Roasted Peanuts (Shell them yourself)
2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
1 Chile Pepper Minced
2 Teaspoons Anchovy Paste (Trust me, don't leave this out)
½ Teaspoon Tamarind Paste (available at Asian food stores)
6 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce (available at Asian food stores)
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Teaspoons Turmeric
½ Cup Water (or Boiled Peanut Brine)
Mix the marinade ingredients and use half of the marinade for the chicken (3-4 breasts and 3-5 legs) and leave in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours. Hold the other half out for later. I use a zip-loc plastic bag. I also recommend letting the chicken sit out 30-45 minutes after removing it from the refrigerator. Now you are ready to grill! Based on the thickness of the chicken breasts, this should take ten to fifteen minutes (about 5-8 minutes per side).
While barbequing the chicken, put the remainder of the marinade in a skillet and warm. It is also a good idea to baste your chicken with a little of the sauce after turning it the first time. You can either pour your sauce over your grilled chicken or offer it on the side for dipping.
"Found a Peanut" Grilled Chicken
This one is just as easy as the first recipe. You simply brush the boneless skinless chicken breasts (4-6) with 2-3 tablespoons of peanut oil and season with salt, pepper, and a little Sylvia's Chicken Rub. Then you want to barbecue/grill your chicken about 5-7 minutes on each side. I prefer the White Sauce Recipe I noted above, but you can use a traditional barbecue sauce if you absolutely think you must.
Happy grilling and the next time you are in the south, stop and buy some boiled peanuts and ask for a "cup of boiled peanut brine".